Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Plans or drawings or dimensions for QUAD 63 stands - can anyone help??

I'm in Australia and can't find any pair of 63 stands, so far.

I do have plenty of Oregon boards long enough to build a 'copy' of the One-Thing Audio 'George' stands, but would like to provide an inset section to fit the base into somewhat more securely.

I have at last found OTA's email address and will try the idea on them.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why? Well, I am buying a pair of serviced 63s soon. Got hooked by the loaner 63s I had a couple years back. I intend to run them off one of my rebuilt LEAK ST20s. see link below.

The one with just 3 470uf 400V caps - now in UL mode - gives 16Wpc 20-20 RMS. It's a small room. It is PLL filtered 1st order @150Hz.

The pentode mode amp will do bass-only duty, but 3rd order LP @150hz. Later I will try ~80hz 1st/3rd. The bass speakers will be two pairs of the 2-way spheres, for the moment.

In the longer run I will finish my big sealed double-walled sub-woofer boxes - which are still waiting in the garage for their clam-shelled drivers also bought years ago <|>.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

TIA

Warmest

Tim Bailey

Skeptical Measurer & Audio Scrounger

Edits: 03/06/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Topic - Plans or drawings or dimensions for QUAD 63 stands - can anyone help?? - Timbo in Oz 13:07:46 03/06/16 (4)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.