Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Anti-cables...

It is beneficial to hide the commercial name and appearance of the items you are evaluating and providing each with a different generic label. Then let them play what they need to so as to learn the characteristics of each item. Then ask how do they differ on a set of characteristics. Do not ask just "are they different" and definitely don't ask if one is generally "better" unless there is a clear superiority in most or all the characteristics, as the personal preference of the balance of characteristics is what you would get as an answer and that is useless to anybody else.

The resolving capabilities of the equipment and good matching are also very significant to the results you would get. Well executed stats and ribbon or ring radiator diamond or thin VD beryllium tweeters are usually key requirements for having a chance at making clear observations. Planar low mass midranges like BGs help too. E.g. using JBL centuries stock I didn't care enough about the differences between zip cord, monstercable basic and DNM cables. With Yamaha NS1000 Berylium tweeters the differences were very obvious, very much more so with my own RtoR recordings.As far as appearances went, the zipcord was least obtrusive and the other cables looked distinctly ugly. As to audio jewelry I tend to view it as lipstick on a pig. It is still a box or a cable..

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Anti-cables... - Satie 10:09:52 02/12/16 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.