Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Anti-cables...

Thanks for the replies Moricab and Satie,

Is there a link to the objective review on single blind, Moricab? I would really like to see when some listeners can and can't distinguish differences or preferences.

Satie, if the differences between cables are clear and obvious, then a blind test could be designed to try to quantify the differences. You and I could easily design the test.

You may be right that blind tests are unable to differentiate the cables, but that longer range experience would reveal differences and preferences. But that would itself be an extremely revealing empirical finding (and would still contradict 90% of all cable and power cord reviews I have read). Here are some potential hypotheses which are testable:

1). Differences between cables are obvious to everyone in blind listening tests
2). Differences between sufficiently different cable types/technologies/constructions are obvious to a limited group of extremely attentive listeners in blind listening tests (some people can differentiate some cables)
3). Differences between cables or cable types are not statistically identifiable in blind tests to anyone yet discovered
4). Same as three but some are still objectively able to distinguish differences over time through extensive listening

I assume Moricab believes 2 to be true, and possibly Dave does as well. I encourage both to set me straight. From your response I assume you are leaning more toward 4. Again, I am not sure though.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.