Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Anti-cables...

Thanks Dave!

Just to replay to make sure I get it... Are you saying that with properly chosen mismatches between sources and loads the differences between cables would be so obvious that there is no need to validate it with double blind listening tests? If so, why is there any remaining controversy over whether there are any differences at all between cables? Or are you also saying that wires are specifically made to sound different and therefore most will actually sound different to at least some discriminating listeners? Or are you saying both? Neither?

Is there a good reference article objectively delineating when people can and can't tell the difference? (This question is of course open to everyone's not the forum -- if anyone knows of any well designed experiments which clearly reveal when certain groups of listeners can and can't tell the difference between similar gauge and length cables I would LOVE to read it)

Thanks!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.