Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: RIbbons for ribbons

Allen was many things but a shyster he was not. His cables and other products were the real deal.

What would you like me to measure Dave? L? C? R? Whoo hooo! I own Goertz ribbon cables and they have the lowest L in the business. Wireworld also thinks a low L and low R is more important than C. What would work best in your opinion?

I do believe in measurements but not as they are often used by design engineers. I am a scientist who is looking for real information in the measurments (take amplifier distortion for example...there are lot of reasons you were not right in an earlier discussion regarding amps and they are all technical and objective).

At the end of the day though you cannot be 100% objective about audio because at the end of the day the final aribiter is the listener and they are decidely NOT objective measurements. How the objective correlates with the subjective seems to be the area where you come across as distinctly uncomfortable and fall back into the "the numbers say it can't be so!!"

"As usual, you've mischaracterized my statements."

Please give detailed examples where I have mischaracterized your statements. I have simply taken what you have said and contrasted this against what a well respected cable/preamp/amp designer I knew personally and had experience with his products has said about cable design. What he said held up in his products and what you have said goes against the experiences and some theories of others.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.