Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: My journey since my Maggie 3.6's...

Yeah, I ended up getting a refund on my SA amp instead of getting another one. I prefer the sound of the speakers running full range and I recently found out that Anthony prefers them full range as well. The guys at Gallo were nice enough to give me almost a full refund even though I've been using the SA amps for almost a year. Even with 3 failed units I thought that was pretty nice of them.

I changed my mind and decided to get dual SVS subs. I just hooked them up today and it's a little to early to decide whether I like them or not. They do surely take care of the bottom octave though!

It's hard to explain how the 5LS's sound, but to keep it short I'd say that all the drivers come off as sounding like one cohesive speaker with a great sound stage, quite good at imaging and just slightly lacking in high frequency detail. If I didn't directly compare them to my 3.5's I probably wouldn't have noticed and they best the 3.5's in every other category by quite a bit IMO including the bass which I've heard others disagree with me on this.

Best regards,
Jon

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.