Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Anti-cables...

I have some 18 AWG solid core magwire on the way to try. However, my speakers are some distance from my equipment area which is in the next room. My speaker wire needs to run about 35 feet. I bi amp with a PLLXO so I have a separate run for the tweeter and bass panels from my amps. Currently I use Belden 1309A 14 AWG stranded speaker wire.

Given that I have upto 35 ft runs. I am thinking of taking the magwire and creating a star quad configuration (similar to Canare 4S11) so that I can have a 18 AWG + 18 AWG pair twist for the positive plus a 18 AWG + 18 AWG pair twist for the negative with those two pair twists then twisted together. This will yield about a effective 15 AWG twisted pair total for each run. Given I bi-amp, I will need two of these star quads runs for each speaker.

Is this the best approach for L and C given the distance?

My current 18 awg star quad concept will require more wire then I have on the way. (35ft x 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 = 560 ft) So I will ultimately need more wire purchased. Should I consider purchasing larger or smaller gauge magwire? Trying different gauge wire for tweeter vs bass panels? Since I am running the wire between rooms and drop ceilings. Creating parallel wires tape separated is not really feasible. I need some sort of twist to keep the bundle together.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.