Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Ideally?

The prices on that are entirely outlandish. I can't fault them for performance.

I have used various wiring strategies DIY and tried a few Tara and MIT cables and can say that the top level MIT cables are really top notch if they are matched at the factory to the impedances you are using and broken in extensively on dummy loads.

That is not to say that a $14k speaker wire is in any way "worth" the money.

I can say that bi/multiamping allows you to do an easier job in matching wiring to the freq range, with fat wires for bass, and more reasonable wiring for mids and treble.

I also oppose the use of stranded copper wire and would only use a solid core, litz or a silver clad or plated stranded wire. That said, silver plated stranded wires tend to have an overemphasized top octave. Cat 5 wires with the striped and colored halves of the pairs used for each polarity come out very well, but do have a top end emphasis, I have used that config for tweeter wire.

The one thing you do want is to have as little wire as possible in use and have as few connections as possible. If the wire contacts are open air then you need to clean them periodically and reinsert to the connectors. If you have mono amps or vertically biamp place the amps by the speakers and use the minimal length of cable.

I am also a fan of JBen's multi gauge solid core parallel wire ribbons recipe for full freq wire. Look it up it is a very good and not costly solution.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Ideally? - Satie 13:30:55 01/27/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.