Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: 1.7's for Room

Of course you have to fine tune but a good starting point is 40% of the room's length. In your case I would start at 10 ft with the speakers 10" off the sidewalls as you will likely need more bass reinforcement with the long room. Keep the speakers perfectly face forwards as you try them at locations progressively farther from the front wall. You should hit a very particular location where everything "snaps together" (particularly the soundstage) and from which further distance detracts.

You can use the "monkey walk" method (look it up on the MUG) to determine the next location according to where you get the "cathedral effect" when squat walking on the midline between the speakers. The Limage setup can work in rooms that don't give you the "cathedral effect" so I prefer the gradual movement in increments of an inch or two as above. more time consuming but will definitely get you there if the room can accommodate the positioning.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: 1.7's for Room - Satie 21:29:38 01/25/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.