Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Servo Rebuild pics

Okay, first pics of the servo rebuild. Keep in mind that these amps are going on 40 years old. In that time they've been used, abused, disused and kept in storage for who knows how long. During their life Roy Esposito had done work on these, Mike Savuto had done some work on them, the guy I bought them from had messed with them, and who know how many other guys before him had tinkered with them. It took quite a while after I got them to smoke-out and fix all the issues and make them stable and playable. I will be the first to admit that they have a look that only a mother could love, but then they were never designed to be seen anyway. They were meant to be heard, and I can tell you that they sound fantastic! The amps grab the panels by the gonads and have absolute control of them. Improvements in dynamics, resolution, and bass are all stunning. The speed of them is mind boggling. The pics are of the top of one of the amps only. I'll pull them out of service at some point in the next few days and get a snap or two of the underside of them as there's almost as much going on there as on top.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Servo Rebuild pics - Sondek 09:03:10 01/25/16 (4)
    • Nice - E-Stat 13:35:01 01/25/16 (1)
      • RE: Nice - Sondek 13:41:51 01/25/16 (0)
    • Pic #2 - Sondek 09:07:46 01/25/16 (0)
    • Pic #1 - Sondek 09:05:16 01/25/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.