Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Anthrax, "A.I.R."

30 years ago, I was a high school freshman. Anthrax's Spreading The Disease was a musical game-changer. One, it was a sound we never really heard before. Two, it proved that this new sound, thrash (whose roots are in punk), was the thinking-student's [I attended the City's academic high school] rock. Three, with something this good, it inspired many of us to learn about audio, and go on the quest for higher fidelity.

Arguably, the album's most popular song was "Madhouse." There was nothing like turning the over-crowded hallways into a mosh pit, to "Madhouse." Nevertheless, Spreading The Disease's lead track, "A.I.R." has always been a thrash classic. Yes, in the mid-00s, our Simaudio Andromeda/P-8/W-7; Nordost Valhalla; Magnepan 3.6R did full justice to "A.I.R." You never know. The .7 just might offer a fat slice of what the 3.6R could do.

Incidentally, in the Spring '87 semester, Anthrax came out with "Indians." Since our school's mascot was the Indian [see above], Anthrax's "Indians" became our unofficial anthem.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.