Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Experiences with Parasound & Magnepan?

FWIW, that Pass was tweaked a bit by yours truly. Basically I put all kinds of dynamat in there and it was the kind without the aluminum so I couldnt remove it.

My guess is that had a lot to do with the difference Waz heard. Even with the dynamat inside, and I mean all over the place, on caps and the PSu, and well anywhere I could put it. Not sure if I removed all the stuff on the circuit board when I sold it, but at least there was a bunch on the top plate and bottom plate. Even with all that inside the midrange improved when I put it on a sand box....Pretty sure the A21's he heard didnt have that treatment, and they would benefit from some vibration treatment...I am betting you don't go in for that craziness, but for super cheap you can go to Michaels and get a round wooded box. They usually come with lids. Fill with repti-sand and put the legs of the amp in the sand. I use a tennis ball can lid so the amp doesnt sink. Instant sandbox. Buy 4 of course. Made a difference on the Pass.

I am a recovering audiophile so nothing is connected. Long story but I am in an apartment now and the walls are thin. If I connected things and played it I would probably get complaints or encourage others to play their stuff really loud. Also I dont have a room where there are symmetrical walls. Example one wall has a window, and the other one doesnt, etc. So it would be a challenge anyhow.

I am listening to more music though through headphones these days...from my stupid Iphone. Deezer rocks, and I do have songs on a NAS drive if Deezer doesnt have them.

Get your stuff connected dude!

Cut to razor sounding violins

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.