Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Rock and Roll!

Well I know they were a bit out of phase because I could hear a bit of a suckout and just guesstimating the distance to the acoustic centers told me they were off -- we're talking what, a 4 foot wavelength at the XO point. I probably could have improved things some just by flipping tweeter phase but my objective was to see what it did to the imaging when I got the woofers out of the way. But I remembered your post about the woofers in front arrangement and had it in mind, just didn't have time to experiment with woofer position -- actually first I had them parallel to the side walls which actually worked and then tried folding the panel closer to me so it touched the wall, but that was it.

Once I have a feel for what works both by way of imaging and sight lines I can fine tune the woofers but my feeling was that it isn't going to be right until I get the DSP/biamping up and can keep things in time. Even then, it's going to be tweaky around the 250 Hz XO point if I have that much axial separation. A more modern crossover would likely improve that some, e.g., L-R, since the lobing will be symmetrical and won't have the rise. (I still haven't had time to run the numbers so I'm not sure if I can do FIR at 250 Hz. without too much latency to use my keyboard.)

All of this reminds me that I want is my M-T panels to go down to 80 Hz!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.