Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Rock and Roll!

There are a few things you might want to try to get better wrap around for the imaging and increase depth in this placement.

First is to get a bit of distance between the tweeter and the sidewalls. perhaps by moving the mid tweet panels just ahead of the bass panels for some overlap. that bigger gap to the wall should allow for better depth and get you better realism in the lateral spread which is probably a bit caricature like in this placement.and does not image well beyond the speaker boundary.

If there is no effect on the lateral presentation, I found that when placing the tweeters too close to the sidewalls in the outie setup plenty of absorption on the sidewall is needed at the tweeter first reflection area. I used any of a number of things to get that from stacked sofa cushions to hanging fiberfill comforters to fiberglass insulation covered in cloth.

The ideal distance for the ribbon from the wall appears to be in the 32" range and to 3' or so without wall treatment...

I didn't like the bass panels in convex setup and prefer them to be concave. If you have not tried it please do. IIRC it helped with image clarity specificity and saturation. Not that dramatic a difference and it did change the bass balance some so may not necessarily be a net benefit in your room.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.