Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Speaker wire length for correct maggie placement?

If I am planning on putting my components (preamp, amp, turntable, etc) in an audio rack in the middle and hooking up my 1.7's on each side, what length of speaker wire do I need to purchase to account for speaker placement (from back of wall and distance between each speaker)?? 10-12' or so? or is that too long? Looks like most of the system pics have like 8' runs of speaker wire, so I may have answered my question.

I know the general rule is to setup the speakers about 3' away from the back wall and to maintain a speaker separation of 50-60% of the distance from your listening area to the speakers. I haven't really decided where I'm putting them in my house, but there are a few areas. One is a 22'x 21' room, another is 14'x 11', and yet another is inbetween these two at 13.5'x 17'... I know placement of my speakers will determine that, but what is a safe length to allow me some flexibility to experiment with placement?

Edits: 11/03/15

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Topic - Speaker wire length for correct maggie placement? - yemtig@yahoo.com 21:39:37 11/03/15 (13)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.