Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Amplification for Tympani 1a

"Earlier Tympanis had a different foot, http://www.integracoustics.com/MUG/MUG/pix/mitchell/index.html"
Those speakers in the picture, including what can be seen on their bottoms, are barefoot. Those tiny circular gidgets on their bottoms were never intended as 'feet'! If used as feet, they'd have been very unstable and a tiny fart might have turned them over. Just imagine, suppose you set them up, extended completely open and all the panels in a single plane. Feet were comprised of a pair of 'L' shaped brackets secured to the front and rear of a panel by screws, washers and bolts. The vertical part of the 'L', being where brackets contacted a panel, and the horizontal portion comprised feet, making contact with the floor. I attached/separated my Tympani 1C feet several times; standing them up to begin with (I can't recall the particulars, but my dealer didn't do it), then taking them down and putting them back up again after having shipped them to Magnepan to completely refurbish (repairing the damage done by the UV sensitive adhesive, they were returned to me looking like new), and then down after having sold them.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Amplification for Tympani 1a - Norman M 11:21:59 11/01/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.