Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Maggie HT system

Agree with Satie, the L'image setup could work. Whatever you do, plot out the sight lines from your listening area before you commit to the screen and speaker size. With that orientation and L'Image, I think 3.7's could fit and be a good choice.

I don't see why you couldn't do 7.1. Sides should be easy, again, you might want to use the on-walls which are very practical for home theater. Rears look like they'd be a bit asymmetrical, but you can let levels and timing on the prepro, or let Audyssey do it. Again, the on walls would work -- the practical advantage over the MMG's is that they don't have to be 3' out from the wall. I'm not sure how the sides would interact with the L'Image setup.

I'd try putting the sub behind the couch. That gives you more output/lower distortion, and apparently subs are minimum phase when they're near you, so you can equalize out room response irregularities -- something you can't do if subs are in the normal position. If you go with a conventional location, two subs will give you smoother bass than one. You'll have to experiment since the best position is room dependent. You can start in a front corner, which gives you maximum gain. Then move along the wall.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Maggie HT system - josh358 17:44:34 10/27/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.