Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Alternates

Reverse split config

Pull the bass panels up from the front to the plane of your seat and play the mid tweet panels tweeters in and figure out the best placement. Do not connect the bass panels

Then place the bass panels 3' in front of the mid tweet with the deep bass perpendicular to the sidewall just a few inches away from it and the midbass panel inwards and play with the angle of the micbass to match with the mid tweet. The soundstage should "click" together at the right angle. No promise that it will happen but it did work for me with the stock T IV early on when trying my short wall.

Equidistant arc

Take the bass panels to the walls mid room and arrange them into an arc with the mid tweet too - tweeters in, not far from the spread out arrangement you had before just that the mid tweet panels will end up closer to the front wall. The XO is not designed to align the drivers this way so you will have to move the chair around to find the right position (it is not so much a right position as a less wrong one). Tell us what you think.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Alternates - Satie 16:57:02 10/27/15 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.