Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Suggestions requested

I am setting up a 2nd system at our vacation home. I had been using a Panasonic SA-XR55 with Insignia NS-B211 speakers which sounded reasonable for a total cost of less than $250. However since I am back to a single amp on the main system, I brought my spare W4S ST-500 and Music Reference RM5 pre to the get away. The source will mainly be FLAC off the laptop or CD from an old Pioneer CDP-R. I need to get some speakers that will do justice to this system. The Insignia speakers are showing all types of flaws -- too many to list.
Requirements: Number one - these have to high WAF meaning bookshelf only (the smaller the better - and number two - relatively cheap ( definitely used). The room is large (16' x 30' x 10') but the volume levels will be moderate(< 80 dB). Maggies are out of the question (even SMGa) because of number one.

"Our head is round in order to allow our thoughts to change direction." Francis Picabia

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Topic - Suggestions requested - neolith 09:47:49 10/25/15 (21)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.