Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Experiences with Parasound & Magnepan?

I bi-amp my Magnepan 1.6 with PLLXO and 2 x Parasound HCA-1000A's. Much better then when I originally ran my Magnepan 1.6's with an AVR.

I have Crown Clas-D XLS 1000 and XLS 1500 amps. the XLS1000 drives my HT buttkickers. The XLS1500 drives my subwoofers.

I briefly tried the Crown's on my Magnepan but felt that the tweeter/high's were a little harsh and went back to the Parasounds. Although I did not do alot of testing and that testing was by using the built in Crown digital crossover function instead of my PLLXO. Also somewhat mismatched with a Crown 1000 on one side and 1500 on the other. The Crown crossover is 24db/oct which is somewhat different from the asymetric and lower order crossover that is implemented in the stock magnepan crossover and my PLLXO. So that being said others may have better luck with the Crown's with a better test setup.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Experiences with Parasound & Magnepan? - dumpingground 09:38:23 10/25/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.