Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Experiences with Parasound & Magnepan?

I just got an A21 and I'll be trying it with my Tympanis over the next few days and weeks. I'll report back when I've formed an impression -- the caveat being that this is essentially a new system with different speakers and DAC's and speakers so I don't really have a baseline. I'll be comparing the A21 to a couple of Crown 2500's that I bought for bass duty -- I don't expect the 2500's to do well in the highs but I'm hoping that their Class D magic will work on the bass -- and perhaps with the Emotiva XPA-2 that was originally going to do bass duty. But I don't have a top-notch amp to swap it out with.

Since you're biamping you might want to consider using pro amps for the bass and putting the savings towards the mid/high amps. The 2500's have been replaced with a new model and are available on Ebay for $250 now, making them an incredible bargain, but I've heard conflicting things about their bass performance, hence the need for a shootout.

Congrats on the tri center, BTW, I heard it at Magnepan and it's very impressive.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.