Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Using REW with Maggies

This is a very helpful post. I am presently using a DCX2496 that hopefully will be modified, or I may end up getting rid of this in favor of a miniDSP product, and not sure which I would purchase. I have a mini-DSP 2x4 that I have done some experimenting with just to get familiar with their products. They seem quite versatile and a pretty good bang for the buck. I am using dual pre/pros in my setup. One is used as a "switcher" and the other one for output using the analog 8 inputs coming from the DCX, which gives me separate channels for each driver. I have attenuators on the inputs to better match the output of the DCX and that took care of any clipping I had. I know it is not the ideal XO and not so easy to tweak, but it is what I have for now. See my post http://www.audioasylum.com/cgi/vt.mpl?f=mug&m=216892 to better understand my setup.
My room placement is very limited, so I am hoping that with the application of room treatment, and tweaking of the DCX2496, I will be able to better optimize the sound. I have a UMIK-1 calibrated mic for use with REW. Thanks for posting the link to help with interpretation that looks to be very helpful as well.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Using REW with Maggies - computerman 14:37:51 10/12/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.