Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Using REW with Maggies

I know that many here used REW for room measurement and E.Q, and timing issues etc. I have been reading on the Home Theater Forum about its use and studying the tutorials. I am using a UMIK-1 mic, with the appropriate calibration file. I would love to hear others experience on the use of REW and applying it to Maggies, as I would expect that Maggie's have specific issues in regards to its use and measurement results. Placement of my speakers is not ideal I know, but I have no choice in the matter period! I believe that given what I have done to improve my system so far, with the help of many here. I am at the tweaking point and I think that REW will provide what I need to finish the job, at least for now. I am looking more for experience with its use with Magnepans rather than advice on my system. Is there anything I need to know in regards to its use with Maggies that is any different that its use with more conventional speakers, for example? Should I be taking measurements on each driver as I am using an active three way XO and can mute each driver? Should I then take a measurement on the entire system? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Topic - Using REW with Maggies - computerman 09:00:13 10/10/15 (17)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.