Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: YES!! ...

I've been running my Frankenpans (and before that, MG-IIIas) 3-way active for about 15 years with Rod Elliot's active crossover PCBs.

If you just want to actively bi-amp, I think you need to buy only 1x P09 PCB to deliver 2-way stereo? Then you need a PS - Rod offers his P05, although I personally did not use his 'wall-wart' transformer concept but bought a 160VA toroid instead. :-)) (I believe in over-speccing the power transformer!)

Although the P09 is nominally a PCB designed for 12 or 24 dB slopes, it's easy to mod it slightly, to produce the 18dB LP on the bass panels.

Re. a case - currently, the P09 boards are in a custom-made case which also holds 3x amplifier modules (and their PSes). As you'll probably be building the XO+PS in a box by itself, you might like to consider the cases available from www.Modushop.biz in Italy - I use them all the time now, for a variety of hifi items. Andrea can do the drilling, engraving for you, if you supply him with a '.dxf' file (which you can output from MS Visio).

I have some of the op-amps I used, spare, if you're interested. PM me if you want to follow this up.

Good luck - I don't think you'll regret going active! :-))

Andy

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.