Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

20.7's Maximum Distance from Front Wall

I am working on a new dedicated room design for a new house. This new room is going to be fairly large at, 21w x 29L x 11h. (My current room is 17.5w x 26L x 9h).

In my current room my 20.7's are approx 8ft from the Front wall (tweeter ribbons are on the outside, with outer side of the 20's angled towards the listening seat. So, outer edges are approx 8ft from Front wall, inner edges are approx 7ft from Front wall).

My question is, in the new larger room will I be able to move the 20's another foot or two further into the room? Will increasing the distance from the Front wall to about 10ft on the outside and about 9 feet on the inside edge work? Will this extra distance adversely effect the reinforcement I get from the Front wall? Will bass suffer? I am using two REL 328 Subs to great effect; these help widen/deepen the sound stage and provide that little extra amount of 'grunt', or impact in the bass and midbass that I feel helps move the 20.7's to the next level.

StickMan451

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Topic - 20.7's Maximum Distance from Front Wall - StickMan451 13:12:25 08/18/15 (10)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.