Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Back to the Planar

Thank you all for your replies. What I gather so far, is that the consensus is I would be better off with 3.7i given the room size, but a couple of you think the 20.7 would work. As far as room treatments, I currently have GIK Acoustics bass traps in all four corners. and GIK diffusors front and rear and a judicious amount of GIK absorption around the room and on the ceiling. I could move the material around to places that would be more amenable to dealing with any of the acoustic issues I might find.

I also have two JL Audio Fathom 112 subwoofer which help ameliorate bass modes in the room.

The reason I ask about the 20.7 because from what I gather it is not just a larger 3.7i, but a better speaker as well. I was told by virtually everyone that the Infinity RS1B were too big for my room and wouldn't work. I had them five feet into the room and to my ears, they were fantastic. Hence the 20 years!!!!

I am new to Maggies and I am unfamiliar with the HK/Limage setup. I did a search and turned up lots of discussions about it but haven't yet found the technique. I'll keep at it.

Again, thank you all. I welcome and value your input.

Best,

Craig

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.