Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Back to the Planar

the 20.1 might be pushing it, But we had someone on the forum long ago who had a Tympani IV or IVa in the split configuration in a room just a foot or two wider IIRC.

On the short wall, However, if this was the same room you had successfully used your RS-1B then the 20.1 might have a chance to work if you can place it in the middle of the room near the sidewalls in a "Limage" setup. But I am guessing you would need bass traps and likely some absorption on the front wall. You will have to push the 20.1 rather close to the sidewalls so will have very strong bass, perhaps more than you can tolerate, that in order to have more than 6 ft spacing.

Arranging on the long wall will leave you rather squeezed on the listening axis but with a bit of treatment on the front and back walls you have a chance to implement a 10' listening distance and 8' spacing. Don't expect to have much more than you and the system remain in the room.

In my 17X20 room I run a T-IV and it requires no shoe horn.

A 3.x model will be a sure fit.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Back to the Planar - Satie 22:09:58 08/16/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.