Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: that may well be the case, Dave ...

If you don't understand the difference between asymmetrical and symmetrical crossovers, that's fine. But let's not be attaching those labels willy-nilly and confusing folks with your incorrect analysis.

I think you're greatly over-simplifying the supposed "cylindrical" (it's really not you know) polar pattern of these speakers in order to fit your hypothesis regarding relative timing differences and their relative importance to the "soundstage" creation. I have no problem with subjective analysis and listening experiences based on different speaker locations, angling, etc, etc. I do have a problem when a person makes incorrect technical conclusions based on that experimentation.

Keep it subjective and you will hear no complaints from me. But when you start spouting nonsense regarding the defined engineering of these systems I might say something. The Maggie speakers have numerous issues (just like all speakers.) But lets not inflate (or deflate) some of those aspects to fit some technical narrative that your subjective evaluation finds convenient.

Cheers,

Dave.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.