Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Maggie Tri-Center Amplification Setup Help Requested

Hi,

I'm in the process of getting ready to move into a new house and want to build a new Maggie home theater system that is built around MCC2s with DWMs for mains and a tri-center. I have an anthem 710 receiver that I'll use as a processor and to power the mains for now (it's done well to date with my existing MC1s).

Wendell suggested I use a stereo amp to power the tri (I'm starting with my MC1s and a CC3 as I already have those until my basement is complete at which time I'll be looking to add another pair of MCC2s and a CCR/DWM) with a poteniometer. I thought I'd have to add a monoblock for the CC3, but he told me I don't. He suggested that as long as I picked up an amp that could hold a stable 2 ohm load, I could wire the CC3 and MCC1s in parallel.

Any thoughts? I was originally thinking of looking for monos with gain controls, but if I could get away with a stereo amp, that would be preferable.

I'm in the Chicagoland area and my local dealer has little to no experience with either the smaller maggies nor the tri center. Thus I'm hoping someone here might have some ideas.

Thanks!
Alan Freeman

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Topic - Maggie Tri-Center Amplification Setup Help Requested - liberec00 10:47:44 08/10/15 (12)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.