Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: .7s in the house

IMHO it's about as subjective as the pain one feels after being hit on the head by a baseball bat. In this hobby nearly everything we hear is "subjective", perhaps only not whether any sound at all comes out of our speakers. Recording venues like listening rooms all have different properties so recordings made and/or listened to therein follow suit. My listening room is relatively 'dead', as it was 23 years ago when I first moved into it. (My previous listening room in which I first used Tympani ICs about 40 years ago, eventually followed my current Tympani IV-A was also on the dead side of normal.) I think it's accepted that Maggies are not particularly 'dynamic' and it takes a lot of volume to get them off the ground and really 'fly', however the idea that a speaker the size of a .7 could *fill* rooms the sizes of ours with sound runs contrary to my expectations. Perhaps one day an inmate will claim the .7 is equal to the Sound-Lab A-1 in its ability to fill their 20 X 20 X 12 (foot) listening room with sound, of course it being "subjective" and all.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: .7s in the house - Norman M 07:58:09 07/24/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.