Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: What it would cost me to get this level of sound from a new speaker

I have been using Acoustat Spectra 22 for about a year now and find the bass very good if not all that powerful (boomy?).
Had my 20 year old daughter down to listen to some of her favourites. Listening to the Arctic Monkeys at volume, she found the speakers a little polite and the bass lacking. I use a tube amp (90 watts a side) and Orbe turntable with Benz M2 wood body. Obviously could use a little more power and maybe another panel or two per side (the 22s have two panels per side).
If you like to rock out at high volumes, two quality subs crossed over around 50 hertz would do wonders for the smaller Acoustats and maybe even the model 3. And maybe 200 plus watts per side.
I generally listen at lower volumes and find the bass fully satisfying even with Reggae and Rock. What it lacks in punch it makes up for in nimbleness and tone.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: What it would cost me to get this level of sound from a new speaker - Mendel 15:05:34 07/11/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.