Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Would need to know preamp requirements but for the power amp.

Not sure if that has phono.

There is a Sunfire TGPIII on Audiogon that does...I spoke with the seller and asked his best price..He said he would take $450 if you think that is fair. One just went for $255 on ebay plus shipping but not in the same shape and the remote was broken.. I have a TGP-5 and it has some nice features including unfettered analog circuit that bypasses all DSP functions to give a pure analog circuit. Has it both in and out. You would use the 8 channel inputs for analog and the main outs for analog out. The remote is important as it allows easy use of a lot of the functions. One can set output level on all channels, thus assisting with balance. It has a built in sub XO, plus lots of other goodies. It is a great unit and uses quality parts. As a switching mechanism it should work just fine.. I just purchased the Emotiva as another switching mechanism. I would offer $400 if you were interested and think it is worth it...i think he might take it.

Following is my conversation with the seller, to give you more information on it...

$450 is a great deal on this preamp. It is perfect in every way. I even have the original glass base that shipped with the unit. It is $100 under my reserve. No scratches, marks, etc at all. You will love it.
thecomputermanJuly 9, 2015 2:28pm
give me your best offer please..There is an Emotiva that is supposed to be identical to this at only $225.00 so that is part of the competition.
davidlaffermanJuly 9, 2015 1:56pm
I have all original boxes, packing and remote control. It is in perfect condition. It does not have a 2 year warranty. That was on the description that was cut and pasted from another source to show all the features for those who were not knowledgeable on this great product. I do have a reserve on this that is more than the $375 price. I will consider a lower offer than the reserve if you are interested.
thecomputermanJuly 9, 2015 12:16pm
Do you have the remote and original box. I am interested in this at $375. It says it has a two year warranty is that correct? I have 100% on eBay and have been here for quite some time. thanks

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.