Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: "Could the need for more power be related to 'dynamic headroom'?" ...

You convinced me, hereafter I'm only going to be listening to my Tympani IVAs powered by an Onkyo TX8511 (which BTW does a fairly decent job with my MMGs).

From crutchfield.com:
"For high-end stereo sound at a remarkably down-to-earth price, check out this impressive receiver from Onkyo! Boasting 100 watts x 2 channels of clean, high-current power, the TX-8511 is a dream come true for music lovers everywhere. Onkyo is famous the world over for their low-impedance amplifier design — and a look inside this model reveals why.
Onkyo pays attention to detail in every aspect of construction. The transformer: oversized and shielded for maximum power capacity and stability, and minimum hum. The filter capacitor: oversized for clean sound during your music's most demanding dynamic peaks. The cast aluminum heat sink: oversized for efficient heat dissipation, and thus longer life from your receiver. Discrete outputs: designed to run cooler, and to keep your music cleaner, under high-volume, low-impedance conditions. Anti-resonant chassis and aluminum front panel: highly rigid to fight distortion-causing resonance."

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.