Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: MagTech or Bryston 4BSST2 for Magnepan 1.7

First welcome...

My room is 3' longer than your room and the 3.7i's work great...I also have the Sanders Magtech, it is a great amp...lots of posts on this board about the Magtech...just use the search function...

I tried the Bryston 4Bsst many moons ago on my 1.6's, it was shrill and harsh...now that being said...it was an older model that I borrowed from a dealer...My friend and I thought maybe it was not burned in, which may have lead to the harshness...

Many Maggie owners really like their Bryston's and usually go for the 7bsst2's which are twice the price of the Magtech...

Macmagman has owned both...he prefers the Magtech on his 20.1's...

I also want to echo that the ribbon tweeter is worth the extra bank...if the 3.7i's are a little too much...the used 3.6 market has great pricing...$2500-$1800 on Agon...IMHO that is the best bang for your buck speaker out there...I went from 12 years with tweaked out 1.6's to the 3.7i's and would not own a model without that ribbon tweeter...it is that good...

With your room dimensions I also recommend trying, (if possible), the HK/Limage set-up...see my link below...Sadie is the resident expert on this set-up and many of us are using it with great results...

Once again welcome, good luck and keep us posted...
thanks
Mark

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.