Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Best Passive/Active Combination of Crossovers for IIIa's and T 1-D's

Actually, most SS preamps with a tape loop would have the same functionality too. So there are plenty of options.

There are plenty of "obsolete" pre processors with similar connectivity to the TGP-5 with analog control of the multichannel inputs that can be had for a small fraction of the cost of a new device since they are lacking in HDMI or DVI connectors.

I think that the best imaging would be had by setting up the system in the equidistant arc - the problem you have is that it might not leave enough space between the tweeters in your room - but it is worth a try since it is rather easy to reproduce so even if the panels are in the way you can rather easily move them back to the wall and pull them back out to the arc position.

You don't need to wonder about being able to reproduce the T-1D bass panels' performance.as there is nothing other than another Tympani model to provide it at a real world cost. There are Giant Wilsons Focals Magicos and Sonus Fabers and Legacy speakers that can do it - some better some not quite there - but they don't sell in same order of magnitude in pricing and you can't really move them. These are $10k and up on the used market and outside of the Legacy models all are multiples of $10k.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.