Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Too Much Toe-In!

Leaving out many of the usual considerations of speaker placement and toe-in, there might be a little more to it than that. Of course it's an entirely different experience but during headphone listening, during which there's obviously complete separation, center fill can be pretty clean. So some of it at least can be in a 'listener's head'. I attempt placing my Tympani IV-A T/M panels to also yield maximum separation and the experience produced in many ways resembles listening to a giant pair of headphones and the center fill is also clean. I do aim the Left T/M panel to direct sound to my Left ear, etc. An interesting side note to this is that I'm able to insert a Carver C9 Hologram into the signal chain whose purpose is to cancel out Left Channel sound which arrives in the left ear (and similarly for the right ear. As is well known, when speakers are optimally placed and their distances to the listener's ears carefully measured the soundstage becomes enormous, not only does it extend beyond the edges of many speakers, some claim that it envelops them, extending around the back of their heads.

You can loop up the thread in the Planar Asylum: "Help Bob Carver is planning to steal our Maggies!" (in which 'Josh358' wrote it's (the C-9s), effect is like being a horse and having your blinders removed).

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Too Much Toe-In! - Norman M 07:32:03 07/06/15 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.