Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Tympani 1-D Placement

Let me explain further...I use the mids on the IIIa's and the tweeter, not the bass at this time...maybe in the future. The mids are foil using the same foil as on the 20.7's rebuilt by Magnepan if you recall. The tweeters are presently on the inside but that can be reversed by just switching the frames. in addition they are hinged so that I can point them more inward if they are on the outside or outward if they are on the inside. Satie seems to think they should be on the inside. Right now the T 1-D panels are on the outside of the IIIa's and about a foot from the back wall with one panel almost parallel to the side wall, but slightly angled inward, which so far seems to give the best imaging. Using a DCX2496 XO which will be upgraded soon as soon as i decide on the best vendor for parts. I plan to do that myself as I am capable. Would it make any sense to bring the T 1-D panels further out and parallel to the side wall? Trying for the best placement....thanks!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Tympani 1-D Placement - computerman 10:33:02 07/05/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.