Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Best Passive/Active Combination of Crossovers for IIIa's and T 1-D's

The mods with trannie outputs stay quiet whether you wire them for balanced output or single ended. so the claim for the noise advantage is not universally true.

You have the ability to adjust relative levels in the digital domain on the DCX prior to the DACs. But overall vol control puts you into overload or loss of resolution (usually the latter since the stock DCX is a 10V standard rather than the home audio 1V standard) So as you lower volume before feeding the DCX you will get lower resolution in the AD process. The ideal way to change volumes is with a multichannel vol control and in the analog domain.

If your budget allows then the "purest" way to go is with trannie coupling in and out and a multichannel vol control like the MSB models. Some HT preamps have a multichannel vol control for their multichannel inputs without any processing, but I have not researched this carefully enough to provide you with particular models that do this without too many compromises.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.