Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Best Passive/Active Combination of Crossovers for IIIa's and T 1-D's

I am actually quite adept at soldering if the instructions are adequate. I have even done surface mount soldering with a magnifier. I built electrical kits way back, and have kept up somewhat with the skill. If I take my time all is well. The DEQX is on my wish list. I will investigate purchasing the parts and download appropriate instructions to see what I would be getting into for the DCX upgrade. That would give me a temporary improvement, while waiting for a good used DEQX to come up.
What is your opinion of the Kenwoods? The plan would be to use them for the mids and the PF-200 for the tweeters and selling the Rotel.
In the interim, I put a test CD on and discovered that phasing is not correct. I tried inverting the separate drivers with the DCX, but with no improvement. I did it individually. I also separated the mids and tweeters using the ADA PF-200 for the mids and the Rotel for the tweeters. That did give improved results.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.