Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Best Passive/Active Combination of Crossovers for IIIa's and T 1-D's

I caught your previous post about the DEQX and I would love to snatch up that DEQX but it is bid right now as an auction item at 603.50 after having the reserve of 499 met. I expect it to go for much more as the bidding frenzy ensues, but who knows. Right now I do not have the funds to bid, without first getting rid of some "stuff" which I have listed. I could swing it but not too prudent at this time.
As to the build at Magnepan, yes they are the mids...I do recall asking once before to get this done or something similar, and they advised I do it myself. I guess I must have hit them at the right time. I have had all six T 1-D'panels done plus IIIa tweeters and purchasing the kits for the IIIa's so I got to know Shella pretty good. I don't know if that had any impact, but I suspect not. Perhaps it was just luck. I would ask again if I were you.
I have been experimenting with the actives for quite a while and have some pretty good XO points. I have no clue what they might translate to if I were to go combo passive and active though. I just do not have that level of experience. I can construct them OK but I would be guessing about the XO points so that is why I did this post.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.