Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Best Passive/Active Combination of Crossovers for IIIa's and T 1-D's

I have some IIIa Frankenpans that have been recently rebuilt by the factory using the same foil that the 20.7's use for the mids per the advice of others here...excellent advice!! I have toyed with different active crossovers, including the DCX 2496, and miniDSP, plus others. I would like to try a combination of passive/active to eliminate some of the "digital noise" and experiment some more, while looking forward to learning another phase of searching for the ever elusive ideal sound and of course understanding that i will never find it. But as many smarter than me have said.."the adventure is in the journey". I know Satie and others have recommended passive crossovers and combinations of both active and passive for Maggies in previous posts. I am using T 1-D mid/bass panels and IIIa modified mids with ribbon tweeters on the inside. I have a center speaker but usually take it out of the mix when listening to music. I am presently driving the mids and tweeters with a Rotel RMB 1077 multi-channel amp.The T-1D's are driven by a Crest 5500C with approximately 1800 watts per side, which seems quite adequate for the bass. I have a 200 watt per channel Acoustics Design ADA PF200 that I could throw into the mix as well. I might consider some mono blocks also. I found a reference to some Kenwood L07M's in a review of the new 3.7i's and the user was quite satisfied with the result. They can be had for a reasonable price and may be worth investigation further. would love to hear some feedback on the crossovers. I have included some pictures as well.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Topic - Best Passive/Active Combination of Crossovers for IIIa's and T 1-D's - computerman 07:55:06 06/28/15 (115)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.