Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: andyr can you clarify? regarding your post below I am buying some Belden 1585A cable

Here's a link to a calculator for AWG.
BTW I just bought a 1/2# spool of 16AWG magnet wire for ~$18 including shipping from Remington Industries. I twisted to wires together to make one 15' and one 10' speaker cable (I don't think it is necessary that a stereo pair be of equal length). This is for my 3.7i's which I plan to pickup this Saturday. I have about 1/2 the spool left over. I decided not to terrminate the cables but just use bare metal and clean periodically with Caig Gold. The best termination is no termination.
When I get around to ripping out the xo and biamping, I will go back to 18" speaker cables (also magnet wire) and long XLR IC's.

Just as an aside, I spent $6k for the speakers and essentially $10 for the speaker cables. I twisted the two wires clockwise but am left wondering if I should have accounted for the Coriolis effect and wound them anti-clockwise. At least I know my credentials to be on the Asylum are genuine and if things don't work out I can try to sell the cables to AndyR and wind another pair the the other way.

"Our head is round in order to allow our thoughts to change direction." Francis Picabia

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.