Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Agree with this!

I think 1:100 is probably a very good starting place for speaker cable pricing. After that I would strongly recommend having a friend or significant other swapping cables blind and verifying that the difference is really there and worth the extra. Fun and informative.

I swear I can hear a tiny difference between my big fat expensive Audioquest cables and the spool stuff that the AV guy left behind after installing surround sound in another room. The spool sounds a smidgen better. Maybe. To put it in perspective though, I find a one inch change in toe in on the speakers or one inch change in my DWM relative location is an order of magnitude larger in impact than what I hear from swapping speaker cables.

Others may disagree. By the way, I still prefer the expensive Audioquests or the Transparent Audio cables that I bought when younger, mainly because they look much, much cooler. It's like washing my car -- even if it doesn't drive much faster, it looks a lot better.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.