Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Agree with this!

The high end audio industry is home to both innovation and abuse. It's where most of the wildly unrealistic claims about cables, interconnects and unproven accessaries ends up. To borrow from Jeff Foxworthy, you know you're an audio gear-head if your high-end speaker wire cost more than your double-wide.

In the crazy world of megabuck audio, this isn't a joke that can be easily laughed off. But there's a simple way to avoid getting caught up in the competition for dollars and still have fun experimenting with tweaks, cables and after market accessories that really do have merit.

The approach I'd take is shooting for a 1:10 ratio with each add on accessory, speaker cost divided by ten. That seems pretty reasonable to my way of thinking. By establishing a ballpark budget it's easier to keep things in perspective and have more available cash for better tubes or other gear that can also make a difference in the audio chain. My 2 cents; as always, other's mileage may vary.

Cheers,
AuPh

PS: I've included an image of my JIB cables above. They got the job done for me and didn't break the bank. Sorry, not the best photo.

Edits: 06/21/15 06/23/15

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.