Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: what quality in a speaker wire work well with Maggies? I am using a ss amp and have SMGa

I've searched using Google Images in attempt to see what the suggested speaker wire looks like. Would this be it:?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ANY-COLOR-10-AWG-Teflon-Insulated-Silver-Plated-Stranded-Wire-M16878-4-Bulk-WWWC-/171715033608?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27fb037a08

If not, could you please direct to a correct image?

Electrical considerations aside, what is the auditory effect of using an undersized gauge? Would it be rolled off higher frequencies such as heard when using resistors to 'pad' Maggies? I use ~30 feet of the original 12 gauge Monster Wire to connect my amps to all Tympani IV-A panels. Not only are my speakers located distant to their amps, but I employ added lengths of wire which allow me to pull the speakers away from the front wall and into the listening area, and/or to various other locals. I'm not experiencing anything like rolled off highs. If anything, I sometimes dial down the high frequencies on a Marchand XM44-2 or consider installing some of the resistors (as provided by Magnepan), i.e. although in a densely furnished carpeted room. Even at my advanced age, the Tympanis sound too 'bright'.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.