Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Apogee Scintillas for Sale

Yeah saw those; they popped up on my Audiomart radar alert just recently. Wow what an incredible deal. He states they're in pristine condition w/o rattles or buzzes.

He's also adamant about not shipping. It's about a 6 hour drive from New York, so I'm sure someone will most likely grab those. Personally (if I were the buyer) I'd have to pack and transport em' myself. First by building a frame enclosed with stiff foam; then stand em' upright on the pallet (via 'A' frame), have the pallet rest on some type of shock absorbing material (hell I could it would be multiple short, thick springs!). This would (hopefully) eliminate the possibility any type of 'dislodging' via road vibration. Sounds crazy? well hell yeah Lol...but hey; this is an asylum LoL.. Oh yeah- you'll need a truck with a lift (unless you bring a buddy -or two). Anyway that's pretty much how I had my Duetta's shipped last November.

By comparison another person locally was selling his North of $12K even with ripped/torn cloth.

And yes there's always the risk involved considering delam (with ANY Apogee) but hell even if that would occur it's not unreasonable to think you could sell them for the same cost you paid for em' (it may take a while though).

There's also a Apogee 'full range' (the grand-daddy of em' all) also for sale on a different (but popular) audio site but it's triple the cost of these.

Edits: 06/13/15 06/13/15 06/13/15

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.