Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

It's an important detail.

Actually, all of the details are important. The 3.7s work extremely well in a small bedroom (~170sq' (less than a third of the size of 'my' room)), and that room plays into their working so well with an amplifier that most here would assume is underpowered (although its ratings were demonstrated to be beyond conservative in a few bench tests).

In their new home, they do not produce the same kind of image as in the big room, especially in their last orientation: ~Limage. Regardless, they are very enjoyable. My daughter has been enjoying them immensely. It's a wonderful thing.

In their old home, their replacements do not produce quite the same kind of image, either. On the other hand, what they create is completely devoid of offensive qualities. In truth, I'm rather impressed with them - cones and domes, but not exactly monkey coffins. :)

Hey, I still have the hot-rodded MMGs - listen to the music they emit every night when I hit the hay. They are beginning to delaminate. Although I always intended on repairing them (not a big deal) when this day came, I can't get the idea of ESLs out of my head. The first such speakers I ever heard were a pair of Acoustats, and that audition has haunted me for 40 years. Another ghost that floats through my memory is the sound of the Quads I once heard at someone's house. I have a pair of electrostatic earspeakers that I bought in the early 80s. Maybe, it's time for electrostatic loudspeakers.

Life is fleeting; enjoy it while you can!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.