Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: In my room...

I have two DWM's running with my 3.7i's and am a major fan. It's not just the additional bass kick, but the ability to smooth and or tailor the bass to the room or to taste.

I run them out of the second set of speaker out terminals on my amp. I briefly tried using a separate amp, but found it absolutely unnecessary in my case.

I am currently using a 4 ohm resistor and twenty feet of cheap, thin speaker cable (to reduce output). Anything less just overwhelms the room with mid and upper bass. Too much of a good thing.

My latest discovery is that I can get better integration between DWM and main speakers via a set up that involves extensive toe in of the mains (a fortyfive degree angle). This allows me to place the DWM in a direct line with the main speakers, acting like a wing, yet still keeping the DWM ahead of the main panels as recommended for time alignment. To be specific, it is tweets-in forty five degree angle, DWM to the outside along the three series bass panel exactly touching and parallel.

Just in case anyone else out there ever adds DWM panels to their larger Maggie's...

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: In my room... - Swamis Cat 13:00:49 06/11/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.