Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: indeed

As they say, YMMV, but it would be nice if you could listen extensively to a modded pair before proceeding.

I have found another trick to reclaim the midrange when further out from the front wall, though this sounds like it won't apply to your case soon. *

I have to agree with the concerns over the excessive secrecy, not just about this model change but about usage in general.

Can you guys imagine if there were people at the Magnrpan web site who had informative blogs on different ways to set up and optimize their speakers with feedback and dialogue with the designers? An article on tricks to optimize in all room conditions, etc. I really think Magnepan is missing a marketing opportunity as revealed by other more interactive and open manufacturers.

* the trick is to do an inverted Limage. Put the speaker near the SW, but instead of aligning it with the FW, toe it in at approximately 45 degrees or slightly beyond with near field seating. This eliminates the SW reflection entirely and increases upper mid balance and slightly tames the treble. It images great, better than Limage in my room with 3.7i and the increased Mids are much livelier. As. With everything there are trade offs, in my room this includes an overly cavernous sound, especially if more than 8 feet from FW. YMMV

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.