Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: "diffuse imaging"?? ...

I am going to guess that the small violin image is related to your amplification.

I ran my fosgate amps in differential bridged mode (in which case they are acting like balanced amps) which resulted in all the images becoming smaller by quite a factor of 2 if not more. The soundstage also shrank and instruments no longer imaged outside the mid/tweeter panels. Went back to SE mode. Though not as spacious as my tube amp it was sufficiently satisfying.

If you go back to the utube vid of the 1065 with the pianos all placed laterally then I have the outside pianos imaging outside the mid,tweet panels and the inside pianos imaging in the space between the tweeters. As the main L mic was placed farther to the high note wires of the 2nd piano from the left, it images closer to the mid tweeter panel and the 3rd piano (from the left) images as pulled further to the center as the R mic is closer to its high note wires.

How did those image in your setup?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.